[Mediawiki-l] Squid X-Forwarded-For IP not log

addady at active.co.il addady at active.co.il
Mon Aug 14 14:59:11 UTC 2006

Hello,

Everyones client IP-address is the Squid server IP address and not the
real client address.
All user post are register on the same IP (the Squid IP).
I'm running Squid 2.5 (as http_accellerator), Apache 2.0.52 and
Mediawiki 1.6.8.

Mediawiki configuration enable squid
 >   $wgUseSquid = true;
 >   $wgSquidServers = array('192.90.2.1');
and on Squid log I can see Mediawiki purge modify URLs from time to time!

192.90.2.1 is the squid address

The Squid pass the rigth the X-Forwarded-For to the apache.
Analysing the http header using adiagmostic tool show:

184.94.8.241 is the real client address

Please advice
Addady