[Mediawiki-l] Problems with new installation

Mike Payson mike at dawgdayz.com
Sat Aug 12 23:48:40 UTC 2006

I'm having a couple of problems with my newly installed MediaWiki.
First, whenever I save the changes to a page, I get an error message:

"Database error
>From Kludgineering Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
the software. The last attempted database query was:

    (SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinksUpdate::getExistingInterlangs". MySQL
returned error "1146: Table 'wiki.wiki_langlinks' doesn't exist
(mysql.kludgineering.com)"."

The changes are saved, however.

Second, even though I have edited a page, the link to the main page
still takes me to the edit page. What do I need to do to get the
software to recognize that the change has been made?

I'm running 1.7.1. The Wiki is located at http://www.kludgineering.com/wiki

Thanks!
Mike