[Mediawiki-l] Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Aug 11 16:03:28 UTC 2006

> hhhmmm, look into Expression Engine. I use it for my blog, a poetry
> site I maintain, and it has a wiki as well. Cost money, but will

The problem has never been that WYSIWYG is "hard to do" in a wiki - the
problem is seamless conversion of millions of pages of wikitext markup into
a format that can be accurately handled by an added wysiwyg editor.

I've been considering adding fck to my baseline as an option, but it's hard
to recommend for an existing wiki with more than a couple of dozen pages due
to the work involved in cleaning up pages.

And wysiwyg in general is difficult when you add in templates and extensions
and such. We have a QuickBase extension in our baseline, written by Intuit's
ProTax group, that embeds dynamic QuickBase tables and charts and such. The
extension requires a separate LDAP authentication and secure API and style
sheet transforms....  I shudder to think of trying to get that working in
fck wysiwyg.

- MHart