[Mediawiki-l] Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Aug 11 15:40:30 UTC 2006

> I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how it is hard to use...sure,
> tables
> might be a little difficult, and having images how you want them too, but
> for simple editing it really isn't, especially with the edit bar.

[shrug]

It isn't hard for me either. And do you REALLY use the edit bar? I'm
guessing you don't - as most contributors don't.

But how many non-techie wiki users do you have to support? I directly
support, oh... about 300+ contributors spread over about 100 wikis. I've
given several presentations on wikis and several hands-on instruction
sessions on editing. I've written custom articles on how to get started with
wikitext editing and given direct email support.

At a minimum, 50% of those contributors are still handicapped by wikitext,
and another chunk of people simply don't contribute at all due to wikitext.

- MHart