[Mediawiki-l] Muliple changes without

Alexander Scholler alexander.scholler at augsburg.de
Fri Aug 11 07:03:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

we use mediawiki for documenting our IT-infrastructure. These documents
are written step by step.

The problem is that every single change (made some minutes after the
last change) is stored as new article-version.

TWiki has the feature that e.g.
* multiple changes done by one unique person within a gap of 1 hour are
stored as one single change
* a version-update can be still be forced
This is really great - unnecessary small version-changes are prevented.

I think this feature isn't available in mediawiki, is it? Any workaround?

Currently, the edit-mode of an article must be opened until the
major-change is completed to prevent not welcomed minor-changes to be
stored. But if my web-browser was closed by mistake or crashed - all my
work is gone.

Bye, Alex