[Mediawiki-l] fighting; WYSIWYG compatibility - Re: Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Thu Aug 10 19:24:51 UTC 2006

> From: "David Pace" <gps.david.pace at gmail.com>
> This attitdue of "don't like it? get out" strikes me as a bit
> antiethical.

I haven't heard exactly that -- I think that may be a little of
"creative listening."

What I don't like is the attitude that the core developers *should*
do this or that *because* of this or that reason.

My attitude is that if you want something, DO IT and give it back to
the community. If it's popular enough, aids their purpose, and
doesn't subvert their greater mandate, the developers will roll it in.

But some here are stomping their feet and whining and threatening to
abandon MediaWiki if this or that reason if their demand is not met.
Yes, to them, I do say "GET OUT!"

With open source, the motto is "Lead, follow, or GET OUT OF THE WAY!"
Whining and demanding is none of the above.

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality: http://
www.EcoReality.org ::::
:::: 160 Sharp Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2P6, Canada,
250.537.2024 ::::