[Mediawiki-l] Linking to a specific version of a page

wiki at avenarius.sk wiki at avenarius.sk
Thu Aug 10 17:51:35 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 10th August 2006 at 11:27:30 (GMT -0400), Frederich, Eric P2173 wrote:

> I have tried [[Some Page&oldid=123]] but that didn't work.

> I know how to click on the permanent link on the left and then link to
> it that way, but that seems a little dirty because it would be like an
> external link.

I'm afraid the only way to do that is the dirty way. I've found that
the "&" within internal links breaks them. Rewriting & as & does
not help, unlike in html.

I've even found you cannot even link to any category name (!) in any
other way except as an external link, see the bug description here:
http://tinyurl.com/qglbj
The bug description isn't in English, but you can see the "external"
Category link there. That was the only way to make it visible,
as the link disappears if you format it as na internal link.

Yet another related bug is that if a page name contains a slash /,
the page name gets cut off after the slash if you make an interlanguage
link to the project. For instance, we had to change the slash
in "2005/6" to a hyphen, "2005-6", on this page: http://tinyurl.com/lsx66 ,
since interlanguage links to this page would otherwise be broken.

--
Yours,
Alex.