[Mediawiki-l] log-in not persisting

Emma Gottesman Emma.Gottesman at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 10 16:32:44 UTC 2006

I'm running mediawiki version

    MediaWiki <http://wikipedia.sf.net/> (/http://wikipedia.sf.net//):
    1.4.0
    PHP <http://www.php.net/> (/http://www.php.net//): 5.0.4
    (apache2handler)
    MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> (/http://www.mysql.com//): 4.1.11

under Solaris 10.

My system had an unexpected power outage a while ago and since then my
wiki has been misbehaving.  When I try to log-in as a user or as Wiki
sysop the log-in does not persist. ie the next page I click on after a
successful log-in tells me I'm not logged in.  At the bottom of the page
I get the following error msgs:
*
Warning*: Unknown: open(/tmp/<my unix user
id>/sess_62b7990e5378a19fc3ba09eeb550a726, O_RDWR) failed: Permission
denied (13) in *Unknown* on line *0*

*Warning*: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify
that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in *Unknown*
on line *0

*What's up and how do I fix it?

--Emma