[Mediawiki-l] Legal disclaimers and plans for the future

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:50:10 UTC 2006

Just to point out that I'm well aware that some list posters struggle
with vicious IT departments and I certainly wasn't angling, earlier,
to have them excluded from discussing MediaWiki. I continue to embrace
feedback from users on the software we're writing, no matter who's
giving it.

Furthermore, now might be a good time to indicate that, pending
various forthcoming whatnot, I'm looking to return to mainstream
development at some point within a couple of months, although I am
still disgusted with certain aspects of the process as adopted by
specific individuals, and I am still not entirely sure whether it's
even worth making a go of it.

I've still been discussing various bits and bobs with people, and I
would like to *think* I can continue to contribute something useful,
assuming Brion feels I can be useful. :)

Moreover, though, I felt, upon some reflection, that a "storming off"
email wasn't really deserved by a major chunk of our community as a
whole; I've been introduced to some stunning people in various fields,
and interacted with a real mixture since I've been mucking under the
hood, and I think it's been of real benefit. I enjoyed writing every
feature and bug fix, including the latter for issues I introduced, and
I continue to be impressed with the sheer volume of *ideas* we've got,
even though I've done my fair share of trampling.

So, saying a nicer "bye for now" on a better, clearer-headed note,

Rob Church