[Mediawiki-l] Break out links-How are they done?

David Spencer davidandjoy at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 8 19:45:05 UTC 2006

August 8, 2006

Hello:

Break out links-How are they done?

I would like to create an external link from my wiki to an external web
site. I would like a new web browser to open up.

What is the wiki code I should use to perform this action?

For example, in HTML a breakout link code would look like this.

To read more about ice cream, please visit <A
HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cream" TARGET="_blank">here</A>

How do I make a break out link to open a new browser window from a wiki?

To read more about ice cream, please visit
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cream here].

The above wiki code will not open a new web browser.

I look forward to your response!

David Spencer