[Mediawiki-l] Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Tue Aug 8 16:04:19 UTC 2006

I can see both sides of the wiki markup issue.

I think it is very easy for anybody to change an existing page by adding
something to a list, changing some wording around or other minor edits.

To start a new page from scratch it can be intimidating.

The one thing I like about wiki markup is that it is readable unlike
html.  I am not sure how other wiki software does with WYSIWYG but I
cannot stand any WYSIWYG html editor or WYSIWYG content management
system.