[Mediawiki-l] Apple's Wiki Server brings WYSIWYG to wiki

Ron Hall ron.hall at mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 8 15:42:49 UTC 2006

> The lack of wysiwyg is indeed a hurdle for contributors. Even at a
> "techie"
> company like Intuit, half the potential contributors see wikitext as a
> hurdle.

    This is a "wall" we are currently facing with our nascent Wiki.
    There is some urging for FCK editor, but I some don't find
    wiki markup difficult or particularly onerous - but I suppose I'm
    in the minority - at least here. What are others experiences - is it
worth
    the price of admission to add the functionality or do I just tell'em
that's
    the way it is?