[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.1 Installation troubles

Bishop, Ryan Ryan_Bishop at BCBST.com
Tue Aug 8 13:40:55 UTC 2006

Will:

I went back and made absolutely certain all the information you mentioned was correct.  Everything is in the proper folder, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled all the software.  Still no luck.  Any other suggestions or ideas?

Ryan T. Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org]On Behalf Of William Stiern
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 4:19 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.1 Installation troubles

The error basically indicates that no database driver has been properly
loaded, as is obvious.

Make sure your extensions directory is properly set in your php.ini file
(extension_dir). Not only do you have to set this yourself, but you also
have to make sure you're using the right slashes. "c:/php/ext" is a good
default value if that's where PHP is installed (c:\php) under Windows.

Also, make sure the mysql.dll or mysqli.dll files are present in the above
folder, and that the corresponding LoadModule lines are not commented out
with the semicolon.

Regards,
Will