[Mediawiki-l] User permissions on main namespace

mta matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 8 07:07:27 UTC 2006

Hi all

I'm running MediaWIKI 1.7.1 and I'm trying to restrict user permissions to
namespace-specific permissions (with the NamespacePermissions extension, see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/NamespacePermissions_Extension ).

To close the system anonymous and non-logged-in users should only be able to
read and discuss, that means they have read and createtalk permissions. For
that I reset the permissions array for the groups '*' and 'user' with only
these permissions.

On specific namespaces the edit permissions are removed, but in the main
namespace editing pages in still available.

What am I missing? Are permissions on the main namespace set somewhere else?

Thanks for your inputs