[Mediawiki-l] User Authentication/Validation/Rights

Mopster Mopster at burningseacommunity.com
Fri Aug 4 21:01:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm setting up a wiki which isn't allowed to be viewed by anyone but a
select group of people (which I want to be able to select from registered
people). I've already found a way to prevent anonymous people from reading
or editing anything (redirect to login page). But I even want registered
users not be able to read/edit anything unless they're allowed/validated by
me. Is there a way to have registered people go trough an admin validation
before they're completely registered ?

I also tried making a new usergroup with all the original user access and
set user permissions on false. But this didn't quite work since it also
didn't allow me to access anything.

-Kenny