[Mediawiki-l] Internal link on Image

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 20:30:00 UTC 2006

I have done the same thing for a paypal donation button, but it
stopped working with 1.7.0.  I just made an extension that took two
parameters and made a button out of them
(example:<buttonImage>http://urltoimage,/url/to/button</buttonImage>).

I hope that this helps, and if you want the extension code (it is
really simple) I can give it to you.

On 8/2/06, Tim Doyle <tim at greenscourt.com> wrote:
> Yes... Although you can make that functionality work, you'll need to use an
> 'external style' link to do so.  Click on the current image to go to the
> image page, then click on the link to view just the image itself. Once you
> get there, then grab that URL.
>
> Go to the page in which you want the link to be on, and type in an external
> style link as follows:
>
> [URL to your page URL to your image]
>
> i.e. [http://wiki.myexamplesite.com/wiki/Page_to_link_to
> http://wiki.myexamplesite.com/images/wiki/4/48/mypic.jpg]
>

> If anyone knows of a better way to do this, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Doyle

Kasimir Gabert