[Mediawiki-l] Thumbnails and Interlanguage Links

wiki at avenarius.sk wiki at avenarius.sk
Wed Aug 2 05:39:19 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 1st August 2006 at 23:59:42 (GMT +0200), Filip Maljkovic wrote:

> [snip]
>> ISSUE NO. 2:
>> Interlanguage Links do not get displayed, no matter if the skin
>> is MonoBook or Classic. After you enter [[de:PageName]], for example,
>> this gets displayed in the body of the wiki webpage and not
>> in a special "In other languages" section.
> [snip]

> Well, you might wanna take a look at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_links
> The page thoroughly explains what you should do to enable interwiki links.

Thank you, I'll study that. I've been under the impression (from what
you're saying, it's wrong) that interwiki and interlanguage links are
not the same thing, or anyway that interwiki links are something larger
than interlanguage links. I thought interwiki dealt with links between
various wikis rather than just between language versions of a page within
the same wiki... I'll study the help page to bring us back on track.

Meanwhile, many thanks to 211.131.100.143 for visiting our Sandbox
and fixing the thumbnails issue. I had mistakenly used the 'thumb'
and the 'frame' arguments simultaneosly, so just deleting 'frame'
created the thumb. (Oops!) I had simply not read the 'frame'
section of the help page carefully enough:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Extended_image_syntax
(setting the worst possible example for our students... ;-))

--
Thank you,
Alex.