[Mediawiki-l] Problems with losing session data. Users cannot edit pages.

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 1 17:30:32 UTC 2006

> Christopher Miller wrote:
>> "Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
>> Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging
>> back in."

Brion Vibber answered :
> On Windows, the session save path is usually wrong by default. Check
php.ini and
> confirm it is set to a path that:
> 1) exists
> 2) is writable to the web server

Christopher replied:
The path is set to www/tmp, it exists, and it is writable.  The problem
is still there.  Any other ideas?  This error makes the wiki about as
useful as a text file stored on our file server.

 --------

We are getting the same message for some users (me! -- I'm the research
administrator of the project, someone else is the wiki administrator). But
if I just ignore the error I can edit and save as I'm used to doing. I still
don't like having the error message, it's a signal that something's going
wrong.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania
   [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]