[Mediawiki-l] How To Set Up SVG ...

wikimedia at nospam.dnsalias.org wikimedia at nospam.dnsalias.org
Tue Aug 1 07:35:57 UTC 2006

Ok, I've googled, I've search the mediawiki and wikimedia websites, and all I
can find on the above topic are blunt statements like "SVG is supported in
wikimedia" ... but it apparently doesn't work out of the box, at least not in
1.7.1.

So how do I turn it on?  I have managed to deduce that I need to add "svg" to
the list of accepted upload file types, and I've checked the configuration
setting for which program to use to convert, and I've verified I have that
program (ImageMagick's convert) installed.

But any SVG images I upload still show up not at all.  What's the trick?