[Mediawiki-l] Adding an RSS feed to a MediaWiki website

John Bidder (Home Office) john at highlanddrive.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 19:00:49 UTC 2006

hi Christiaan & All

In mediawiki 1.5.8 the following code works to bring in an external RSS feed
and display it in the main page, within a table.  It might work for you too.
{| style="width:100%"
| <rss>http://web2booklet.suprglu.com/feed/rss20/supr.xml|short|max=6</rss>
| style="vertical-align:top" |
<rss>http://del.icio.us/rss/web2booklet|short|max=6</rss>
|}

The url for this is http://fullmeasure.co.uk/ComingOfAge/index.php/Main_Page

however on my mediawiki 1.5.6 (www.wikiville.org.uk) this code renders as

      short|max=6" class='external free'
title="http://web2booklet.suprglu.com/feed/rss20/supr.xml|short|max=6"
rel="nofollow">http://web2booklet.suprglu.com/feed/rss20/supr.xml|short|max=6</rss>
<rss>http://del.icio.us/rss/web2booklet|short|max=6</rss>

Any tips fom everyone else in really simple 1,2,3, type format appreciated.

Thanks

John