[Mediawiki-l] Email & timezone error

Chris Braster Chris.Braster at jefferson.edu
Wed Apr 26 18:56:01 UTC 2006

I'm running version 1.6.3 on a Windows 2003 server.  Whenever the
system sends out an email to a user (i.e. E-mail password button),
the email gets sent, but the following error appears on the screen:

--
Login error: Error sending mail: mail() [function.mail]: It is not
safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the

I've added the following to LocalSettings.php, and it did update the
dates reported on History and so forth, but did nothing for the error

--
#Set Default Timezone
$wgLocaltimezone = "America/New_York";

Any idea?