[Mediawiki-l] Server Time incorrect - where is the offset?

a@kid a at kid632.org
Tue Apr 25 17:09:23 UTC 2006

Thanks a lot Brian.

My server is in a different timezone than i am, and i had just
assumed that MediaWiki was storing timestamps in the server's
timezone. When i use UTC everything seems to work fine ...

except ...

I am in EDT so i should be -5 hours from  UTC. But in the preferences
Time Zone panel it says that i am only 4 hours behind the server even
though it is correctly displaying my local time. Is this an error in
my localsettings?

Just to make sure i understand what's going on with dates and times...

MediaWiki stores all timestamps in UTC.
So gmdate('YmdHis') should be the same as $dbr->timestamp() ?
/