[Mediawiki-l] wikiwyg in mediawiki

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Apr 25 15:41:48 UTC 2006

> From: Christiaan Briggs <christiaan at yurkycross.co.uk>
>
> I've been waiting three years for WYSIWYG or WYSIWYM support in
> MediaWiki.

Well... you could *write* one, an contribute it to the project!

> I keep going off trying other Wikis with such support but
> they're never up to par with MediaWiki in all other respects.

Sounds like you're in a good position to lift the WYSIWYG bits out of
some other open-source wiki, and plop it in MediaWiki.

Apologies if you don't have the skills or time to do such a thing,
but consider that others may not, either.

:::: If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will
automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural
state of starvation and misery is restored. -- Richard Dawkins ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com/Van> ::::