[Mediawiki-l] Server Time incorrect - where is the offset?

a@kid a at kid632.org
Tue Apr 25 02:39:06 UTC 2006

My server time that's appearing in the user preferences Time Zone
panel (and that is also being used when writing to page_touched in
the db) is incorrect. It's several hours ahead of the timestamp i get
from date('YmdHis') in php or CURRENT_TIME() in mysql.

I have looked everywhere to try to find out where the offset is
coming from but with no luck. I don't have either $wgLocaltimezone or
$wgLocalTZoffset set so i know that these are not the culprits.

Does anyone know why my server time is being offset?
What other places should i look?

thanks