[Mediawiki-l] Method for Backup whole system (done)

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Mon Apr 24 10:20:50 UTC 2006

Trevor Richardson wrote (...) I started like you then
adapted :-)

so, first on the source computer

mysqldump -p wikidb > wikidb.sql

for me I nedded to do this as root. then option -p made
mysqladmin to call for the passwd (root mysql pass) (linux,
no "exe")

tar cvfz med_158.tgz mediawiki/

to have all the old files.

then on the target computer:

mysql -p and mysql opens it's console
use wikidb
source wikidb.sql

but one must start from a clean mysql (no wikidb before, or
delete it)

tar xfvz med_158.tgz

test: it should work. same mediawiki site but on the new
computer.

then overwrite the folder with the new 1.6.3 files,
in the mediawiki root folder cp AdminSettings.exampl to
AdminSettings.php and in it replace wikiuser by root and set
it passwd

run maintenance/update.php

and enjoy the new mediawiki 1.6.3

in fact I missed at first the Admi.. stuff

thanks all

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net