[Mediawiki-l] Overriding Ugly URL's

Michelle michelle.sg1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 06:43:08 UTC 2006

We're trying to switch hosting of our wiki to a provider that doesn't
limit the max_questions resource (Lunarpages).  We've got everything
working, but not until I switched LocalSettings.php from 'pretty' to
ugly URL's.

First, is there an intelligent way for me to ask Lunarpages why their
php is installed this way and if something simple can be changed?

Second, I've read http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url but I'm not sure if the .htaccess
suggestions will work for the case of keeping index.php but changing
to the pretty URL, especially since we're running from a subdomain.
Has anyone done that?

Michelle