[Mediawiki-l] Announce: slides extension (create presentations inside mediawiki)

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Sat Apr 15 19:13:53 UTC 2006

Moin,

after a lot of work I am happy to announce the first version of an
extension which lets you easily create presentations inside a
Mediawiki-wiki.

It is easy to use:

* the entire presentation can be described in a few lines in a template
* topics and subtopics are supported
* additions/deletions/resorting are always possible and automatically
  update the navigation bar on all slides
* unlike the DynamicPageList extension(s), you need not to put the slides
  into a category (saving the category-bar and thus space), and it is
  cache-friendly: all slides are fully cached
* lets you hide UI elements to make more room on the screen
* developed and tested on Mediawiki v1.6.3, but should work on v1.5.8

Although I do not like dog-food :), I started my own wiki and created a
presentation on how to use this extension:

	http://bloodgate.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wiki-Presentations

Hope you like it. If you install this extension on you wiki, and create
some open presentations with it, please let me know :)

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sat Apr 15 21:06:36 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "In 1988, Jack Thompson ran against Janet Reno for DA of Dade County:
 Thompson's unique campaign message was that Reno was unfit for the job
 because, as a closeted lesbian with a drinking problem, she was great
 candidate for blackmail by the criminal element. Jack never explained
 why this remained a threat even after he exposed her 'secret'. Reno
 cruised at the polls."