[Mediawiki-l] Diacritics problem

iubito iubito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:00:55 UTC 2006

Hi, my old host is so bad I decided to switch to another one, we higher
memory limit :-)

In earlier messages in this list, I talked about a diacritics problem when
switching from mysql 4.1 to 4.0.

Now my old host is mysql 5.0, and the new is 4.1.

I exported to SQL and imported it. All seems OK in PhpMyAdmin.

But in MediaWiki (using 1.6.3) as you can see at
http://tousauxbalkans.jexiste.fr (new host), the diacritics (à é... greek
and cyrillic letters) are OK but the title of pages are bad.
[[:Catégorie:Macédoine]] points to
http://tousauxbalkans.jexiste.fr/index.php?title=Cat%C3%A9gorie:Mac%C3%A9doineand
link is red, this page doesn't exists.

On the old host, it pointed to a similar url :
http://tousauxbalkans.free.fr/index.php?title=Cat%C3%A9gorie:Mac%C3%A9doine
with a correct link and the page exists.

How do you explain that ?
Which table(s) I must look better to compare in what they are different ?
Does the experimental new support of UTF8 should solve this ? (I kept the
compatible UTF8)

Thanks in advance

Sylvain Machefert