[Mediawiki-l] References and Footnotes and setting FULLPAGENAME

Michael Dorosh madorosh at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 14 14:45:31 UTC 2006

Hmm, I was just going by what the default was - or so I thought.  I eliminated the quadruple braces with double braces.  I changed Template: Ref to
[[{{FULLPAGENAME}}#endnote_{{{1}}}]]

And it does seem to now link from the endnotes to the text - but not vice versa.  And instead of displaying a simple number, it displays " #endnote_(name of reference) "

What I want to accomplish is this:

 Dui mi tristique massa volutpat, lobortis mi aliquam morbi faucibus. Vestibulum ligula, neque sed, pede feugiat nec sed justo, nonummy deserunt nec sed, nibh ultricies consequat quis tellus nisl. Sollicitudin et leo, arcu non venenatis donec neque suspendisse, nam dolor ornare lacinia vivamus eu, nisl mauris imperdiet ornare in lacus. Tincidunt mus id interdum in, orci gravida, nonummy purus nostra fermentum, vel tellus vel et nullam nulla enim, quam ac nunc venenatis amet lectus amet. 1

Notes

1. Bloggins, Tom.  Quia sed tellus  (Mediawiki Publishing, 1999)
Where I click on the 1 (which should be superscript in the text above) and it takes me to the Notes at the bottom, and clicking on the 1 below takes me back up. I also don't want to have to manually number the references but have them automatically sorted. I know Wikipedia does this, I just don't understand how to make it work on my own.

Michael Dorosh wrote:
>  I asked this once but got no help, so I'll try and include more detail this time. I am running 1.5.5
[snip]
> This is my Template for Ref:
>
> [{{{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}#endnote_{{{1}}}]

1) {{FULLPAGENAME}} is a new addition in 1.6. It is not present in 1.5.

2) Quadruple curly braces seem rather unlikely to do what you want. You want
double curly braces.

3) What are you trying to accomplish here?

[[Blah blah#endnote_1]] ?
or
[http://example.com/wiki/Blah_blah#endnote_1] ?

Try:
[[{{FULLPAGENAME}}#endnote_{{{1}}}]]
or
[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAME}}}}#endnote_{{{1}}}]

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)