[Mediawiki-l] add external counter to mediawiki 1.5.5

Ramón Casero Cañas 8-T at gmx.net
Fri Apr 14 12:04:36 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm trying to add an external counter to all pages in my wiki, which
is powered by MediaWiki 1.5.5., and any help would be appreciated.

In my LocalSettings.php I have

$wgDefaultSkin = 'monobook';

First I've tried editing skins/MonoBook.php, but it doesn't seem to
work. To test whether this is the correct file, I have changed in class
MonoBookTemplate

to e.g.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 2.0 Transitional//EN"

This has no effect in the wiki when I reload the pages. However, if I
rename MonoBook.php to MonoBook.php.bak the wiki loses part of the format.

Regards,

--
Ramón Casero Cañas

http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~rcasero/wiki