[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade 1.5 to 1.62 - Multiple Wikis

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:14:05 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Laurie Lewis <ldlewis at swiftdsl.com.au> wrote:

> I am testing the upgrade path at the moment till I know it is going right.
> When I go to upgrade to 1.62 it will not let me do so unless I have a full
> version of LocalSettings.php in /w directory.  I also have to change it for
> each language as I upgrade each language group.  I thought that how I had it
> setup I would not have to have a LocalSettings.php in the /w directory.

After briefly looking at what you posted, here's what I would try.

Copy your w/CommonSettings.php to w/LocalSettings.php temporarily for
the install.  This should make the installer happy.  You can then do a
diff between CommonSettings.php and LocalSettings.php to see what the
installer did and what you might need to change.  Then the updated
LocalSettings.php can replace your old LocalSettings.php.

I'm not quite sure what you are doing with the $wgLanguageCodeTemp
variable in your CommonSettings.php file since you don't seem to be
changing $wgLanguageCode in between saving it and restoring it.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/