[Mediawiki-l] mehrere Wikis auf gleiche Datenbank

- schakal19 at gmx.de
Fri Apr 7 11:33:28 UTC 2006

Rotem Liss <mail at ...> writes:

> Not all of us speak this language (it's Deutsch, isn't it?); if you post
> your message again in English, more of us will be able to help you.

ok, i try it ;-)

I want create a Wiki with two languages.
When I take two seperated Wiki´s (like Wikipedia) a user can't write on both, he
must be logged in two times and need two accounts.

When I create one Wiki with two languages (like
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_FAQ) I have only one Interface-Language.

Both solutions are not the best for me.
So I have created two Wiki´s (one for each language) and both uses the same
tabels on the database (same Prefix). The only difference of these Wiki´s is the
$wgLanguageCode and they are available on to different urls:

www.mywiki.de to the Wiki with $wgLanguageCode = de
www.mywiki.com to the Wiki with $wgLanguageCode = en

Is this a good solution or will i have trouble with it? Any other solutions? Is
there a other way to have different Interface-languages?