[Mediawiki-l] URL points to localhost

Markus Krötzsch mak at aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 6 08:48:02 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 07:07, Dave Burns wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. Upgrade MediaWiki as soon as possible
>
> I'm afraid it is out of sync already - should I really upgrade?
>
> >  2. Check the value of $wgServer in LocalSettings.php is correct
>
> cat LocalSettings.php|grep wgServer
>
>  ... nothing...
>
>  root at 0[wiki]# cat LocalSettings.php|grep localhost
>  $wgDBserver         = "localhost";
>
> So I changed that to the server's hostname, no change in my problem.

That is quite strange. The FAQ

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_FAQ#The_index_redirects_to_localhost_or_127.0.0.1_or_just_times_out

also suggests setting $wgServer, and it worked fine for me on problematic
servers.

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe