[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading from 1.5.8 to 1.6

Simon Renshaw simon at castortech.com
Wed Apr 5 14:59:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Frist, thanks for the new version.

My current Wikis are running 1.5.8 and I just downloaded 1.6.

I looked in the readme, install and upgrade files. The upgrade file only
mention upgrading to 1.5.

I exported my DB and copied the folders of my current Wikis.

Sorry for the noob question. My first Wiki installation was a 1.5.X and
upgrading was very easy.

So, I need to overwrite the old files with the new ones and run the
install script?

And what about the LocalSettings file? Should I keep the one I have or
modify the one that the install script will generate?

Thanks!
Simon