[Mediawiki-l] setting up language links like [[fr:My French Main Page]] between development and production

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Wed Apr 5 09:36:57 UTC 2006

What structure does anyone suggest for multilingual pages in development
versions?

I have successfully got basic language links of the type [[fr:My French Main
Page]] working, (thanks jdd, 22/03/2006), by adding rows into the interwiki
table with values "fr" and
"http://localhost/fr/mediawiki-1.5.6/index.php/$1".  Now, when I add [[fr:My
French Main Page]] to the Main Page of the English version, I get an entry
in the "other languages" side bar which looks like "Francais" but which
links to http://localhost/mediawiki-1.5.6/index.php/Main_Page".

For production type pages the structure seems clear,
en -> mywiki.com  or en.mywiki.com
fr -> fr.mywiki.com
nl ->nl.mywiki.com
etc.

But what does it usually look like in development?

en -> localhost/mywiki/index.php
fr ->  localhost/fr/index.php or localhost/index.php/fr or what??

And then is there any easy way to make the settings in the wikilink
directory the same for development and production versions?

Thanks!