[Mediawiki-l] login problems

Peter Work peter_chant at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 15:43:34 UTC 2006

Thank you Brion, you pointed me in right direction & I solved the problem.
The session save folder was not writable by apache.

For the benefit of others ...

Info on php sessions:  http://ca3.php.net/session

1) I verified that cookies worked on my client system.
2) On the server, I found out that no session files were being created in
the folder pointed to by the "session.save_path" php variable. This is
usually a permissions problem.
3) I tested this by making the session folder world writable.  My sessions
now work properly.
4) I determined the apache "user" &  set up the permissions properly to
avoid security problems.