[Mediawiki-l] [Wikitech-l] Test snapshot for MediaWiki 1.6.0

Markus Krötzsch mak at aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 4 12:19:12 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 13:40, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Before I release a formal 1.6.0, I'd like if a few people would quickly
> test installation of the current snapshot.
>
> Generally 1.6 is working quite nice on our own servers, but the
> installation and updater code might not be as well exercised. I've done a
> few basic smoke tests on my own, but a few more under different conditions
> might be wise before we make a fuss about The Big Release.
>
> Download:
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/snapshots/mediawiki-snapshot-20060404.tar.gz
> MD5 checksum: 352de479b8eada133de1247badd3677a
>
> Release notes (not finalized):
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/RELEASE-NOTES

I tried to upgrade an existing 1.5.5 and got:

Adding ss_images field to table site_stats...Query "UPDATE site_stats SET
ss_images=@images
" failed with error code "Table 'mywikiname.site_stats' doesn't exist
(localhost)".

On a second run of the config script, the error did not reoccur. Everything
seems to work fine now.

Cheers,

Markus