[Mediawiki-l] Mediwiki 1.5.8: Install problem (syntax)

promo at livesets.ch promo at livesets.ch
Sun Apr 2 09:21:18 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I've got a problem installing mediawiki on my server, I've tried many
different versions (1.5.8,1.5.7,1.4.15) but I always get the same error.

Here is the error report (from the "checking env" page):

    * PHP 5.1.2: ok
    * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 16M. If this is too low, installation may
fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use
object caching functions
    * GNU diff3 not found.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory: /usr/home/sopra/www/wiki
    * Script URI path: /~sopra/wiki
    * Connecting to buser_sopra on localhost as sopra...success.
    * Connected to 5.1.7-beta; using enhancements for mySQL 4.
    * Database buser_sopra exists
    * There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
updates are needed...

      Creating hitcounter table...Query "CREATE TABLE soprahitcounter (
hc_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL ) TYPE=HEAP MAX_ROWS=25000" failed
with error code "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'TYPE=HEAP MAX_ROWS=25000' at line 1".

I've googled for this error already, but it doesn't seem that other people
had this issue already..and I really don't understand what could be wrong
withthe environment.. that error makes me think of an unsupported version
of mysql?

Thanks a lot in advance for you help, I really like your software, keep it
up! :)

Marco Kessler