[Mediawiki-l] no images

Helmut Hullen HHullen_BS at T-online.de
Sat Apr 1 10:30:00 UTC 2006

Hallo, Tels,

Du meintest am 01.04.06 zum Thema Re: [Mediawiki-l] no images:

[...]

>>> Did you install it under /w/ or /wiki/
>>
>>         http://arktur.de/Wiki

> Your first mistake :D

> See the source:

> 	  <a style="background-image: url(/Wiki/skins/common/images/wiki.p
> ng);" 	    href="/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite"
> 	    title="Hauptseite"></a>

> you have /Wiki, but the images are loaded from /wiki.

Now I have made a symlink from Wiki to wiki - no change.

> Just making the directory lower-case should help. (I guess on the
> testsystem you either had a lower-case "w", or a case-ignoring file
> system like under windows).

On my local installation, I see

        http://arktur/Wiki/index.php/Hauptseite

and I see pictures, p.e.
   http://arktur/Wiki/skins/common/images/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png

(you find this URL at the end of the page)

On the above mentioned server I see

        http://arktur.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Hauptseite

and no pictures;

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Wiki/skins/common/images/
poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png on this server.

The rights of the directories and files are the same as (p.e., resp.)
at "docs" and "index.php".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut