[Mediawiki-l] Allow PDF uploads?

Con Rodi conrodi at vt.edu
Tue Sep 27 15:08:39 UTC 2005

Not so.  You need to change $wgFileExtensions in your
localSettings.php to something like this...
$wgFileExtensions = array( 'png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'ogg', 'doc',
'pdf', 'txt', 'mov', 'wav' );
That will allow you to upload pdfs.  You will need to refer to them
as images, though.
[[Image:something.pdf]] will try to inline the pdf file.  This may
not work well in some browsers, and may slow down page loading in all
browsers.
[[:Image:something.pdf]] will create a link to the image page that
actually holds the pdf.  From there any browser can download the pdf.
Similar details apply for word documents or others.

Con