[Mediawiki-l] How to remove required upper-case on first letter of username

prodos at prodos.com prodos at prodos.com
Tue Sep 27 04:43:14 UTC 2005

From: Prodos (Melbourne, Australia)

Good afternoon.

Here is how my colleague from RentACoder.com - "PHPman" -
removed the requirement of an uppercase first letter for all usernames:

- - -

The file that needed to be editted was includes/SpecialUserLogin.php

On line 183, either comment out or delete this:
ucFirst($name) != $u->getName() but leave this: ")" as it is part of the
If statement the ucFirst function is in.

- - -

I hope that might be helpful for someone some day.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

http://prodos.thinkertothinker.com

.