[Mediawiki-l] Convenient ways to upload files to MW from local server?

Maurice Joseph teamspike at spikesource.com
Mon Sep 26 17:38:37 UTC 2005

Matt;

file sets? do you want to convert them to articles? Or, do you want to make
them available as attachments? I assume you are creating articles. I have a
need for the latter - taking external (non-mediawiki) content and
programmatically importing into our MW db. I'd also like the ability to add
content submitted via email. My thought is to massage the external content
into the XML format output by the export command and wrap that with a simple
HTTP request driver class/interface to feed the existing import
function/class. Has anyone else done something similar? If not I will tread
the uncharted waters and submit my findings.

Thanks,
Maurice Joseph
SpikeSource, Inc.
developer.spikesource.com