[Mediawiki-l] user_token and user_touched fields

Erin Spiceland erin at spiceland.org
Fri Sep 23 16:01:48 UTC 2005

I'm using mediawiki on a site that employs three other web apps that
require authentication. I'm trying to write a register script that will
insert the desired authentication and profile data into all 3 apps'
databases at the same time, so that users won't have to register 3
separate times. I've got it working on both of the other apps, but
mediawiki says that the username doesn't exist when I can clearly see it
in the table. I think it has something to do with my values of "" that
I'm putting in the user_token and/or user_touched fields. I did this for
testing purposes simply because I didn't know what was supposed to go
there. What are these fields and what should I put there? Or is there
something else I'm not aware of that could be causing this? user_touched
looks like a date in the format YYYYMMDDHHSSMM. is that correct?

Erin