[Mediawiki-l] The file you uploaded seems to be empty.

Con Rodi conrodi at vt.edu
Thu Sep 22 21:40:20 UTC 2005

I was happily uploading files when suddenly I was treated to the
Upload Error page with this message in red text:

"The file you uploaded seems to be empty. This might be due to a typo
in the file name. Please check whether you really want to upload this
file."

Interestingly, the image is actually in the /temp directory.  I have
seen this before and chased down the php.  It seems some of the
session variables related to this upload are not persistent across
screens.  Eventually the problem cleared and I pressed on with my
work.  I don't know how this problem shows up nor do I know how to
get rid of it.  I have the problem right now.  Other browsers, other
computers, see the same problem.

I would share the site, but it's behind a secure login (sorry).

Con

Con Rodi
Center for Human-Computer Interaction
Virginia Tech