[Mediawiki-l] Re: Transcluded files as part of a link redirection

Netocrat netocrat at dodo.com.au
Thu Sep 22 12:16:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:55:21 +0100, Rowan Collins wrote:
> On 21/09/05, Netocrat <netocrat at dodo.com.au>
> wrote:

>> [[Some Page|Random Message {{:Another Page}}]]
>
> That probably should work;

I'm using it in a FAQ index page to make the question text a hyperlink
without requiring a long page name; this allows me to likewise transclude
the question text at the top of the answer page without duplicating it
anywhere, so it would be good if it did work consistently or there were
another way of doing this.

> but the "parser" is a rather arbitrary mess of regular expressions,
> loops, and special cases, so probably somebody fixed something else and
> broke that.

The problem occurred on a separately installed wiki where afaik no-one
made any config changes prior to the breakage.  It occurred within minutes
of the original working rendering (and has not yet broken in a separate
instance).

It sounds like the parser needs some rationalisation, but I'm not
volunteering. :-)

--
http://members.dodo.com.au/~netocrat