[Mediawiki-l] Editing lookahead

Bass, Joshua L joshua.l.bass at lmco.com
Wed Sep 21 22:27:48 UTC 2005

It would also be useful for images.

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Chris McIntosh
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:23 PM
To: mediawiki-l at Wikimedia.org
Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Editing lookahead

I have an idea for an extension to add to wiki. Wanted to put it on the
list
to see if anyone has seen it before.

Many times users on my Intranet wiki will not remember the exact name of
pages that they want to link to. For example they might create a page
called
[[Projects]], but when they are trying to reference it they might try
[[project]], [[projects]], or [[Project]].

I was going to add some javascript to the edit page to have it do a look
up
and display a nice list of available options for the user to check from.

Anyone see anything like this? If you were using a wiki would you find
it
useful?

--
Chris McIntosh