[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki 1.5rc4, substring search, how?

Klein.Thomas at eae.com Klein.Thomas at eae.com
Wed Sep 21 11:14:50 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have read all mediawiki pages, that talk about searching in mediawiki.

Can you tell me how to enable a substring-search in mediawiki 1.5rc4?

When i write in the search box "austin" , then the software found the word,
but when i write
"austi*", the last character replace to a wildcard, then the software found
nothing.

The Database MYSQL 4.1.13 find the string in the searchindex table (tested
with my own select). I have checked the
query with logging and in the query is no wildcard. The searchengine has
delete the wildcard .

In the software of Wikipedia is working correct.

What must i do, then the software is working correct?

Thank you for your time and help.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Kind regards

i.A. Thomas  Klein
OPS Koordination / OPS coordination