[Mediawiki-l] Re: Removing index.php from URL

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Thu Sep 15 17:13:22 UTC 2005

Jared Nyland wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been working on removing the index.php from the URL on a Wiki site.
> Everything seems to be working fine except for one issue, When I try to
> upload a file the page just refreshes does not upload the file. If I remove
> my changes out of the http.conf file so that the index.php is in the URL
> this works just fine. I have been using the information off of the
> mediawiki.org <http://mediawiki.org> FAQ. I have checked rights and
> permissions on the server, but still does not work. Has anyone seen this
> issue or know what I have missed in the process.

Reread carefully the FAQ:
 http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url

I personally have:

httpd.conf:

Alias /wiki/images      /var/www/mediawiki-cvs/images
Alias /wiki/skins       /var/www/mediawiki-cvs/skins
Alias /wiki/index.php   /var/www/mediawiki-cvs/index.php
Alias /wiki             /var/www/mediawiki-cvs/index.php

LocalSettings.php:
 $IP = "/var/www/mediawiki-cvs";
 $wgScriptPath       = "/mediawiki-cvs";
 $wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
 $wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";
 $wgArticlePath      = "/wiki/$1";
etc

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++