[Mediawiki-l] Media-Wiki: using classes as defined in Wikipedia in my own media-wiki project

Wolfgang Zsalcsik wolfgang.zsalcsik at space.at
Mon Sep 12 18:38:40 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I am using Media-Wiki for a small "Intranet" (info-pages)

When using templates (especially infoboxes),
I would like to format them using classes.

Reading both, the Media-Wiki and the Wikipedia documentation back
and forth, I could not find, where they are defined.
(example: class="infobox" at the beginning of almost all
          Wikipedia infobox-typed templates)
My assumption was to find them in the main.css or monobook.css,
but this was not the case.

My questions:
- where are/shall these classes be defined?
- is it allowed to just get/copy them from Wikipedia?

I am grateful for every helpful reply,
regards
Wolfgang

                            \\\//
                           ( o o )
 ----------------------oOOo--(_)--oOOo-----------------------
|  ___    ___ ____  _     _____ ____   ____  ___  __  ____   |
| \   \/\/   / __ \| |   |  ___/ __/_ /  _ \|   \|  |/ __/_  |
|  \   /\   / |__| | |___|  _|| |__  |   _  |  \ \  | |__  | |
|   \_/  \_/ \____/|_____|_|   \____/|__| |_|__|\___|\____/  |
|     _____  _____   ____  _     ____  _____  __ __  ___     |
|    <____ |/  ___> /  _ \| |   /  __//  ___>|  |  |/  /     |
|    /  ___/\____ \|   _  | |__|  |__ \____ \|  |     <      |