[Mediawiki-l] Special pages machine-readable format

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 02:27:18 UTC 2005

With my work on Wikiwyg and other client-side apps for MediaWiki, I am
going to have to add to the special pages a method to retrieve
machine-readable data. The question is of course, what format?

I've gathered several posibilities I may use.
* XML - Some custom XML format specific to each page. (Plenty of
parsers. Kinda complex.)
* RDF/XML - Used RDF/XML to store the data. (Less parsers. Higher
complexity in overall system. Lower complexity in client software.)
* Custom format - Basically define a new syntax and write a parser (No
parsers. Really freakin' complex.)

Any input from other developers?

-- Jamie
(PS- I cross-posted this to mediawiki-1 and wikitech-1.)